Wednesday, August 18, 2010

California love



Well for some reason all I can see is the html version of all my pics, so undoubtedly they are out of order, but the blogging must go on!
We took our final summer vacation to California and Boulder, Colorado a few weeks ago. With 1700 pics to sort through I have decided to blog in sections of the trip to make things a bit more practical and time efficient for all.

We headed to Cali the end of July and were once again greeted with beautiful mild temps. There must have been some pregnancy/weather gods watching over me turning down the sunny 100s while I was in town and boy did I appreciate it! We enjoyed spending more quality time with the family and what a treat it was now that Jake finally remembers everyone and was instantly happy and excited to see their faces. Papa got Jake in the pool and FINALLY he was comfortable enough to take flight off the side. (Check out the video somewhere in this blog) The next few days he built up his confidence and soon was swimming to me from the steps of the pool!

I had a good and low key birthday as the boys were headed out for the drive to CO that day, but we still squeezed in lunch at my favorite restaurant Chi Chis. While the boys were away Kate and I had a blast teaching each other cheers one night and laughed hysterically at each other for at least an hour straight. Good times, watch the video.

Grandma Kaye, Aunt Karen and Jenny threw me a beautiful baby shower while I was in town and it was such a treat. It's such a special time in our lives and to have family and friends share in the celebration of baby Colin was more than I could have asked for. The games were fun, the gifts were so thoughtful, and the food was delicious! I think I even included a pic of my favorite food item-the fruit arrangement!!!! Thank you's don't ever seem like enough, but it is also the only thing to say....

The next day I took the ladies to a 4D ultrasound with me to check in on baby Colin. The corresponding picture is the one in which they are all gathered around the bed with me and we all have red devil eyes. I tried to edit the pic, but the best I could do was black demon eyes, so I left it:) He was looking good, but the tech wanted a few more pics so we got to go once again when the boys were back in town. Enjoy the images. Colin likes to wrap himself up in the smallest pretzel way possible (just like Jake did) and that may be why I seem so small to people. Literally in one image you can see his eyes on top, below are each one of his legs wrapped around himself and then his prominent package and bum on the bottom (hands were tucked behind supporting the package).













No comments: