Thursday, January 29, 2009
6 months old
While Chris is away on business, Jake and I have kept busy with hiking, shopping, school, and of course the beach. Last Tuesday my friend Jaime and I decided to take a hike on the East coast of the island. After a rearrangement of all our necessary gear for our two infants in tow, we finally managed to get it all in and get on our way. When we arrived at our destination it was windy, raining, and cold enough to wear ear muffs if I had remembered to bring the essential item. But, we were bound, determined, and the kids were dressed appropriately and completely covered in her AMAZING double iron man stroller...so up and up we went.
Jake got to ride next to Chloe and kept her company while the mom's packed, repacked, and then packed again to get all of the gear in the car. Infants require so much stuff and I am horrible because I load up two more bags worth of stuff "just in case".
Up at the top, we were surrounded by clouds, mist and wind..quick pic and down we went.
We met up with some friends at the beach today and Jake had a blast in the sand. He loves walking (with assistance) along the water edge and watching the older boys build sand castles and splash in the water.


How does the sand taste Jake?
I can hardly believe that my baby boy is already 6 months old. At his last check up he weighed in at 15.1lbs. and was 27in tall. We've started to explore the tasty world of vegetables and so far he loves them all (despite wrinkled up faces and shivers). Jake is getting more comfortable being on his tummy and will scoot a bit if he has pressure on the back of his feet. He still prefers standing upright and is even able to hold up his own weight while holding onto something stable. Ma ma ma's and more often da da da's are a daily ritual along with belly laughs, high pitched screams. razzing sounds, and sticking his tongue out at mom. Jake's personality shows through a bit more each day and I am so excited to see what the next 6 months will bring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment