Monday, January 19, 2009

Lately our Hawaiian weather has not been hot and sunny, more like cold, windy, and rainy..so this weekend when the sun finally smiled upon us we quickly headed outside to soak it all in. We enjoyed the long weekend and filled it with beach time, a few training workouts, and even went for a hike.

Jake looking so sweet after a am run.
I did away with the cup that required biting and sucking to get the liquid out, I quickly discovered that I want to do everything in my power to avoid rewarding that behavior. I found these more affordable cups and they work great as they allow a bit of water to seep out when tipped so Jake realizes what the cup is for. Although the best part about them is they they don't require BITING!
Getting ready to start with the veggies and Jake seems eager to start experimenting.
Carrots are on the menu this week and we had a bit of a rough run the fist night. After every bite he would grimace and shake as if he had the chills.
"What did you do with my rice cereal Mom!"
We tried out our hiking backpack on a hike up Diamond Head and Jake loved it. Chris vocalized how much more of a workout it is with our monkey strapped on his back, but he did great and I loved having my hands free to snap pics and video. One downside to the backpack is that I don't think that I will be able to use it. I tried it on and I nearly fell over backwards on top of Jake. I may try and build up the muscle and balance...or just let Daddy take the load..hmmm...Daddy duty it is!


Old school duds. Jake looking handsome in one of Chris' old shirts from when he was a baby.

3 comments:

The Jarrell Family said...

I can't believe how active Jake is getting. I know I see him all the time, but I this is my first time looking at your blog since Chloe arrived!! It took a while to get everything back in some type of order. He is so cute and I am definatally taking the time to enjoy every second of Chloe being a newborn.

Jaime

Unknown said...

Love the picture with the carrot face. I have worn that exact face many times after my children have SPIT the carrots back at me. Luckily, shoving that stuff in their mouths didn't taint them for life. Now they love their carrots.

ps. love the outfit from Chris' past

Jennifer Gravley said...

Hey thanks for the sweet remarks. Jake looks so much like your baby pics. He is so cute! I am so jealous that you guys spend time at the beach in the winter. Wish we were there. Love you