
We haven't been up to much other than the norm of play, play dates, BBQs, and water sports. Ha, we have a good life, but to us is it a norm so I never think to really post about it, but I do realize just how lucky we are to be able to explore the outdoors on a sun-shining daily basis with endless activities to encounter.

Last week I was asked to do a family photo shoot for a friend and it turned out great. We were out at Ko'Olina and I was able to capture some great moments and she was so pleased she payed my DOUBLE! (I was charging $25) It was such a treat to see her look over the photos and I hope that I will be able to do more photo shoots in the near future. I am NO professional and would only charge for editing time, but I do have the passion and love capturing the intimate moments for others...so we shall see!
Chris is making great strides at work and has put in a lot of time and energy into this current project that will make a huge difference in many lives. He is also wrapping up his final classes and currently has 5 more weeks of class until he is has he BA!
Jake is an 18mo old healthy happy boy with all the terrors and treasures that come along with that age. Mostly treasures, as the terrors are quick lived and even more quickly forgotten. He makes everyday different and adventurous in the most unimaginable ways and it is a pure pleasure to watch him grow.

Our good friend Carol brought her 2 month old puppies over the other day to Jake's delight. He loved every soft fury inch of the pups and I think that he was actually suprised that they had more energy then he did! They would run around and around as Jake chased them with the looming threat of trying to pick them up, until Jake needed a break on the couch.
Jake is trying to negotiate some kind of trade with auntie Carol....perhaps a Koda for a cute lovable puppy?

Kayaking voyages.....
Well actually this was only our 2nd trip in the water, but it turned out so much better than the last. High surf island wide has shot our efforts down attempt after attempt, but finally there was a small break. We headed down to the South East shore in Hawaii Kai and enjoyed a great day on the water. This was a great loading spot as we could literally park on the water, this pic was taken from the back of the Pilot. The seas were absolutely silent, I could see the bottom, and the views were wonderful.
Chris and I took turns checking out the reef, but have yet to find anything substantial for great snorkeling off the kayak. Half the fun is searching for that perfect spot though right?
He loves it! OK, so he still doesn't love the vest, but watching the ocean activities, searching for turtles, and being held by mommy as he sets sail on the water he does enjoy.
What a workout!!! Not for me as I just sit and clutch onto my boy as Chris paddles us along wherever we want to go. Thanks hon for training like a stud!
Surf is good for the soul. This past weekend we met up with a bunch of families with the goal of having enough kids to entertain each other and parents to supervise so that a few people could go out and surf at a time. It worked out great and the surf was fun and forgiving and the girls paddled out.
No comments:
Post a Comment