Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Baby's Heartbeat

Last night we went to my 12 wk apt. and we got to take a listen in on one of the sweetest sounds imaginable, our baby's heartbeat. I had Jake with me (Chris was on his way from work) and everyone ooed and awed at the token haole (white) kid and reminised when he was the one they were checking up on all the time. There is something so welcoming and comfortable about going back to the same Doctor, staff, and medical office for baby #2, they have become friends.

I pushed back until the last possible moment, but Chris was still on his way, we had to go ahead. The Doctor came in and it was that anxious time to search for the resonating sounds of the heart. With Jake, it took her a few repositions and minutes to locate, so I was prepared for that. She put the Doppler on my belly and immediately we heard the thunderous rhythmical song of life....lub dub lub dub lub dub. I turned to Jake and he was dancing with full out arm thrusts into the air on beat with his baby siblings heartbeat :)


I whipped out my iphone and captured the moment for family and Chris to share. As soon as we were done, there was a knock at the door, and Chris poked his head in. Yay! So we did it all over again and he was able to hear it first hand with us.

I can and can't wait for the ultrasound tomorrow, I know that we can handle anything and that a cleft pallet is a blessing in the grad scheme of neonatal abnormalities, but the possibility, the overwhelming sense of guilt, and stress of not knowing effects me. Luckily this pregnancy I have not let it consume me until just this past week or so, unlike Jake when I thought of the odds from the moment I found out we were expecting. I can't sleep and when I do I have dreams that are so crazy and sad I can't even bring myself to describe them (mostly about the baby). Anyway tomorrow is the day and I will post pictures and the update as soon as I can.

Disclaimer: SORRY ABOUT ALL MY MISSPELLINGS! I am pregnant, that's my excuse for the influx:)


No comments: