Yesterday we went to our 12wk ultrasound and got to take a peak in on our new baby! I was so worried and stressed about the cleft pallet revelation (if or if not) and then they tell me that it is too early and the 18wk ultrasound they will be able to look into that. All that stress....ugh, I'm done worrying about it and as soon as the tech showed us our little active guy all the worries were out the door.
They checked for risk of Down syndrome today and from the measurements every thing is looking good. He was very active during the ultrasound and seemed to be enjoying lounging back on the placenta which is what he is laying his neck back on. He would do spontaneous rapid kicks, stick his tongue in and out, and bring his hands up to his face often. Then after about 20 minutes he seemed to be worn out, gave us a little wave goodbye, and turned onto his side for a snooze.

He measured about 7.5-8 inches long, not including his legs and although that is about a week and a half bigger than the "norm" of a 12 wk baby, the Doctor said that it was much better to be healthy and large than underweight.

Yes, you are reading this right as I am referring to him as a "he". Prior to this appointment I had my sights set on a girl: One, because we have been blessed with such a spirited boy and I was anxious to see what a baby girl would bring to the mix. Two, Because I was much more nauseated, tired, and extremely LAZY compared to my 1st trimester with Jake, that I assumed the difference in symptoms meant a difference in sex. Three, because I get out voted on everything as it is! Being the only girl in a house full of male humans and dogs I have to fight just to not have pizza every meal of the day! :)

At the 12 wk appointment with Jake we could also see his sex, although the techs and doctors would not comment, provide the evidence photograph, or confirm, we saw what we saw, and he was a he. This time it was even more evident and even the tech began to refer to him as a he when she spoke of his organs, measurements, or activity. I pointed it out to her and she quickly scrolled back to the "family goods" shot and said that it was quite obvious...but she won't comment:) Boy o' boy, we couldn't be happier!!!

Last weekend it was our good friend Carol's Birthday and we went down town to celebrate with her and some friends. We ate at a beautiful beachfront restaurant in one of my favorite hotels on the water (the Moanalua) and enjoyed the great company, food, and paradise atmosphere.

They checked for risk of Down syndrome today and from the measurements every thing is looking good. He was very active during the ultrasound and seemed to be enjoying lounging back on the placenta which is what he is laying his neck back on. He would do spontaneous rapid kicks, stick his tongue in and out, and bring his hands up to his face often. Then after about 20 minutes he seemed to be worn out, gave us a little wave goodbye, and turned onto his side for a snooze.
He measured about 7.5-8 inches long, not including his legs and although that is about a week and a half bigger than the "norm" of a 12 wk baby, the Doctor said that it was much better to be healthy and large than underweight.

Yes, you are reading this right as I am referring to him as a "he". Prior to this appointment I had my sights set on a girl: One, because we have been blessed with such a spirited boy and I was anxious to see what a baby girl would bring to the mix. Two, Because I was much more nauseated, tired, and extremely LAZY compared to my 1st trimester with Jake, that I assumed the difference in symptoms meant a difference in sex. Three, because I get out voted on everything as it is! Being the only girl in a house full of male humans and dogs I have to fight just to not have pizza every meal of the day! :)
At the 12 wk appointment with Jake we could also see his sex, although the techs and doctors would not comment, provide the evidence photograph, or confirm, we saw what we saw, and he was a he. This time it was even more evident and even the tech began to refer to him as a he when she spoke of his organs, measurements, or activity. I pointed it out to her and she quickly scrolled back to the "family goods" shot and said that it was quite obvious...but she won't comment:) Boy o' boy, we couldn't be happier!!!
Last weekend it was our good friend Carol's Birthday and we went down town to celebrate with her and some friends. We ate at a beautiful beachfront restaurant in one of my favorite hotels on the water (the Moanalua) and enjoyed the great company, food, and paradise atmosphere.
1 comment:
WOW! Another boy! That's so exciting! I guess #3 might be a girl ;) I too was sooooo much more tired and lazy the second time around and I'm pretty sure it's because you have an active toddler running around keeping you busy :) Congrats again!!
Post a Comment